Stress is a Tensor ...

My life through the MBA application process while I try to get my Professional Engineer's License ...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

As I watch the paper turn yellow ...

Usually, my job is partially interesting. There are lessons to be learnt, from others mistakes, of course, and things chug along pretty briskly. It even gets downright entertaining when some mindless contractors try to think and solve their problems without looking at the drawings that they are provided with. That the drawings are insufficient and inaccurate is not a secret either, with all the "By Others", "General Contractor to Coordinate before Fabrication" and "Field Verify Dimensions" signs acting as giveaways. Site visits and Construction Administration can be fun too, especially when folks at the construction site have had a few beers over lunch.

The past few days have been contrary to the norm. Even though the weather has been great, I have been stuck in the office doing some donkey work that is so uninteresting that I feel like going out to the parking lot and yelling at the top of my lungs once every hour.

Every day, I turn into a zombie by the end of the day with no will of doing anything more. This is affecting my preparations for the upcoming D-Day. I have stopped doing anything substantial for the GMAT. I go over questions from the OG and compare them with the notes from the Manhattan GMAT guides for an hour or so each evening.

I will be writing a couple more AWA essays and take the second GMATPrep test in the next couple of days and that will be all. I am planning to unwind during the weekend and play some basketball, something that I have not done in two months. I may go dancing too. This saturday being the fourth one of the month will probably have some swing/shag/lindy at the Loafers Beach Club in Raleigh. Sweet ! That thought cheers me up ! Later ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Reading this posting, I think we have a similiar background. :) GMAT (I am writing on May 29), MBA, and PE and PEng- canadian equivalent- (hoping to get done this Oct) are my keywords these days. Good luck on your GMAT.

5:39 PM  
Blogger StressTensor said...

Thank you for your wishes folks!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home