Stress is a Tensor ...

My life through the MBA application process while I try to get my Professional Engineer's License ...

Thursday, May 04, 2006

First Practice GMAT CAT

Well, it was okay. I did not take the quantitative section seriously and got disinterested with the proceedings halfway through. Yup ! That's me ! The verbal section was a bit too long (I was too slow) and I lacked clarity of thought. Maybe I should give these tests on weekend mornings instead of late night on a weekday.

Still managed a good score. If I can tweak this performance a bit and manage to keep my concentration high for a while, I will be a happy guy in the afternoon of the 30th.

The Kaplan GMAT 800 is really good practice for the tough stuff. It is also fun to see if people around me (mostly my girlfriend) can get the right answers to these questions. My girlfriend is very good, though, due to her background in Latin grammar and gets more answers right than I do.

In fact, overall, I think she has a great profile for a MBA applicant and would probably get into H/S/W/K if she applied. Too bad she is not interested in business or management :-(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will starting as a 1st year this August. Columbia (not going to Chicago) didn't technically help me get the internship. The fact that I'm going to Columbia did play a huge role though. I got the internship through my own network.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Forest Araya said...

In this regard, students would be able to regard about every point and idea of either importance and also which is said to be important. personal statement editing services

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home