Stress is a Tensor ...

My life through the MBA application process while I try to get my Professional Engineer's License ...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Results from my first GMATPrep test

On saturday, I set aside a few hours when my girlfriend was supposed to be out shopping, to take the first of the two GMAT Prep tests that you can download from PearsonVue.

To start off, it went very well and I was feeling very good till the end of the first section (Quantitative) when the alarm on my phone went off. I promptly managed to mess up the answer that I was working on (the last question and I had about a minute left) and hence had to guess (incorrectly). Result: Raw score 50

The second section (Verbal) was even worse. My girlfriend called me no less than three times during this section and I did not even manage to finish the test. Result: Raw score 38.

Overall Score: 730. Not as bad as I expected it to be. I was startled, though, to find that almost all of my mistakes were on Sentence Correction Questions. I am working on it now, though I have already finished the Official Guide and I got almost all of the answers correct when I solved them.

I am currently reading up on 800score.com's section on the AWA. The term "E-Raters" sounds very fishy and I do not think this is a good way to grade the essays but, oh, well ...

I still can not decide on which schools to apply to beyond my first four, but, in my mind, I am leaning towards the West Coast (read Anderson/Haas).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernest Nutt said...

There will be more of the regarded facts and opinions for the students towards which they must have to look for and this would even help them to initiate further. personal statement mistakes

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home