Stress is a Tensor ...

My life through the MBA application process while I try to get my Professional Engineer's License ...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Food for thought

While chatting with my friend, the topic of conversation shifted to the choice of business program and school. His take was that I should apply to the LFM program at MIT Sloan since my background was well suited to manage operations and manufacturing. Though I was not looking at that line of work, I continued to listen as he went on, saying that the only shortcoming of that program in preparing a candidate for an entrepreneurial career (my choice) was that the LFM program was weak in Finance.

At this, I mentioned that finance in a start up, especially in early stages, is pretty straight forward and that general management and marketing skills are more vital to the fledgling venture. Marketing, as compared to finance, in this scenario is more important as the young company needs to sell its product, however non-groundbreaking (read mediocere) it may be, in order to survive.

I am not experienced in this area (yet) and am eager to find out what the right answer is. I already suspect it to be a combination of the factors mentioned.

In other news, my Babie is now esconsced in Alexandria VA., a 20 minute Metro ride from her office and all set for her internship. I liked the DC area but that might be just because it was 75 degrees with a light breeze the entire weekend ;)

One week and counting down ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home